• Designed, developed, maintain, and run this popular video game/interactive entertainment website.
• Designed the custom layout and theme mockup using Adobe Fireworks and then converted the image after completion into standards-based Semantic XHTML and CSS keeping accessibility and usability standards in mind throughout the development process.
• The custom theme mentioned above was then integrated into the WordPress blog/content management system, Invision Power Board message board and Gallery2 photo gallery to make the whole site have a consistent look and feel throughout.
• Developed the custom PHP code to integrate WordPress and Invision Power Board login systems to provide one login method for the full website.
• Installed and configured WordPress plugins to add additional features and options to the WordPress system.
• Developed custom RSS/XML feeds for the news and other articles on the website that were used for multiple years before switching to the current WordPress-based site. Also developed the custom podcast RSS feed to support iTunes’s standards before moving to WordPress.
• Developed the logo, branding, and color scheme for the website, business cards, brochures, and other marketing material.
• Perform MySQL database backups and restore backups when needed.
• Integrated Google AdSense banners and other advertising throughout the site using OpenX PHP and MySQL-based backend advertising application.
• Optimized title, keyword, and description tags for better search engine placement. Also optimized pages with proper heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) and semantic XHTML for search engine optimization.
• Co-host the site’s video game audio podcast and created the intro and ending as well as edit everything together using Audacity audio editing and recording software.
• Write video game reviews, news, editorials, interviews, and other articles for the website on a regular basis.
• Manage the staff of the website and make sure they are working on the reviews and other articles needed.
• Maintain relationships with the different marketing departments and public relations companies that work to promote the latest video game releases.
• Work closely with advertising agencies to get their ads on the website.
• Keep a presence within the website community and try to help members with any questions or problems they may have related to the website or video games in general.
Website Design, Development, and Management – XHTML, CSS, Color Scheme, Layout, WordPress, Invision Power Board, Gallery2, and OpenX